Welcome to Project C.U.E.!! Here is your first video post to start out your morning as well as some additional “assignments” for the day. This evening I will be posting MY food log (yikes!) as well as some more tools, tips and recipes. Remember these are all my own individual opinions and research and I don’t guarantee any of it! Now, as much as I would LOVE to have embedded the video in this post I cannot afford the VideoPress Subscription so please view it here;
It’s really good! I promise!
If you are stumped on what to eat for today I have enclosed some sample ideas below. Above all, follow these tips.
* Drink lots of water or naturally sugar free beverages (water, seltzer, tea, iced tea). Stay away from artificial sweeteners, they make you want sweet things.
* In that same vein stay away from protein bars that are like candy bars. Those things always make me gain weight. Healthier options are Larabars or Kashi granola bars but protein filled snacks are better.
* Don’t starve yourself, focus on being healthy. Remind yourself; “This is how I eat now”.
* That being said, if you get hungry and it seems like it might be stress related, before you eat do one of these things; take a quick walk (even to the bathroom), drink a big glass of water or have something to drink, or distract yourself any other way for 2o minutes. If you are still hungry after that, eat something healthy.
* Greek yogurt (flavored or plain) with some low sugar granola.
* Poached, scrambled, or hard boiled eggs or egg whites with olive oil, lots of veggies and some whole grain toast.
* Whole grain toast with a nut butter and some fruit on the side.
* Turkey or veggie sausage with an egg or egg white, spinach, tomato and cheese on a whole grain english muffin.
* Mixed green salad with carrots, cukes etc (whatever other veggies you like), beans, walnuts, and goat cheese.
* Low fat soup with whole grain bread on the side and fruit.
* Brown rice and veggies with tofu and chicken.
* Turkey, ham, or veggie meat sandwich on whole grain bread with fixin’s, fruit on the side.
* Crudités with hummus and taboule.
Black Bean Quesadilla with some roasted squash on the side and a side salad
Basil Orange Chicken with whole wheat couscous and peas
Baked or poached chicken with brown rice or whole grain pasta with tomato sauce and broccoli.
Baked white fish (cod, haddock etc.) with quinoa and green beans.
1/2 cup whole grain cereal
1/2 cup Greek yogurt with a tablespoon of oats and a handful of berries
veggies and 2 Tbsp hummus
1 apple with 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
1-2 string cheese
1-2 oz turkey or ham wrapped in lettuce
1 slice whole grain toast with 1 Tbsp peanut butter or 1 Tbsp spreadable goat cheese
Also see my post for homemade Apple Pecan Granola Bars, those would be a good choice! If you are stumped or need help please e-mail me at email@example.com and I will get back to you as soon as I can!